At the first COAA WFP Conference in 2009, we were “Making it Happen”. This conference was an important stepping stone in the understanding and acceptance of WorkFace Planning throughout the construction industry. This was an opportunity to address industry concerns and questions to further address the benefits that can be received through WFP in the minds of owners, contractors, and engineers.
Few WFP Conference 2009 slide decks are available for archival; minutes from certain presentations have been archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- Industry Experts Panel (Minutes)
- Path of Construction Overview
- Expectations for Construction and Engineering (Minutes)
- The Ideal WorkFace Planner (Minutes)
- Integrating Information on a Megaproject (Minutes)
- Lessons-Learned (Minutes)
- Path of Construction Workshop (Minutes)
- Project Planning: A Case Study
- WFP in a Fabrication Facility (Minutes)
- WorkFace Planning Absolutes (Minutes)
At the second COAA WFP Conference in 2010, we focused on “WorkFace Planning from Concept to Commissioning”, and conference events primarily addressed how the WorkFace Planning model – originally designed for the construction phase – was evolving to become applicable to all stages of the project lifecycle.
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2010 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- Building Work Packages
- Conference-wide Session
- From Area to System-based Construction
- From the Captain to the Cook
- Front-end Planning
- Industry Experts' Panel
- Keynote Presentation
- Ledcor FIWP Presentation
- Owner's Requirements (Duncan Lancaster)
- Owner's Requirements (Sean Przy)
- Owner's Requirements (Terry Ukrainec)
- Owner's Expectations (Andrew Hardy)
- Owner's Expectations (Dennis Krenz)
- Owner's Expectations (Jim Porter)
- PC Fundamentals
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Software for Automating WFP
- WFP 101
At the third COAA WFP Conference in 2011, the theme was “Creating a Foundation for Success”, and conference events provided in-depth views of the issues critical to successful implementation of WorkFace Planning, while expanding the WFP model. Discussions touched on the future of WorkFace Planning and improving the understanding of how this model fits within construction planning.
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2011 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- Construction Planning (How WFP Fits In)
- Creating Project Alignment
- Engineering Support for WFP - A Detailed Examination
- Engineering Support for WFP - The Basics
- Evaluating the Health of Your WFP System
- Keynote Dinner
- Keynote Luncheon
- Management of Change (Preparing for a New Paradigm)
- Managing the Lifecycle of an FIWP
- WFP Case Study (1 of 2)
- WFP Case Study (2 of 2)
- Work Packaging vs WorkFace Planning
The year 2012 brought a short pause to the formal WorkFace Planning Conference. That year, an invitation-only conference was held. At this event, a balanced group of representatives from owner companies, engineering firms, construction contractors and labour providers from Canada and the United States gathered to discuss the barriers to effective implementation of Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) and WorkFace Planning. There were no formal presentation files or meeting minutes made available to archive for this event.
In 2013, the greater concept of Advanced Work Packaging and WorkFace Planning was formally introduced to the Alberta audience, as well as to attendees from around the globe, and the big question of the days’ events addressed by the implementation and technology experts in our conference-wide presentations and breakout sessions was: AWP & WFP... are we there yet?
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2013 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. Only a limited number of files were made available for 2013. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
In 2014, we brought the very first AWP & WFP Conference to the Houston area. This was a North American first. We formally introduced the developing concepts of AWP & WFP to the United States construction industry. Experts in best practice development, AWP & WFP systems development and implementation, implementation support and technologies provided in-depth views of AWP & WFP. We revisited and revised the theme of 2010, giving attendees an opportunity to see how AWP & WFP works on projects from concept to commissioning.
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2014 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- AVEVA - Constructing the Digital Asset (1 of 2)
- AVEVA - Construction the Digital Asset (2 of 2)
- AWP: The Silver Bullet?
- Bentley Systems - A New Paradigm
- Bentley Systems - Successful WorkFace Planning
- Best Practices - Contracts and Tools
- Best Practices - EWP Rules of Credit
- Best Practices - Making Your Implementation a Success
- Brand/Aluma (BEIS) - Work Access Cost Challenges
- CII - Overview of the Global Project Landscape
- ExxonMobil - An Owners Perspective
- Owners' Panel (Breakout)
- Intelliwave - Delivering with RFID
- Hexagon - SPC 2015
- Hexagon - SPC for AWP
- Jacobs - AWP (An EPC Approach)
- Keynote Presentation: Tools for Change
- WorkFace Planning Implementation
- Owners' Panel (Plenary)
- Shell / Insight-WFP: Carmon Creek Project
- WorleyParsons - Solutions for Project Delivery (An EPC Perspective)
- WorleyParsons - Solutions for Project Delivery (Breakout)
Last year, the AWP Conference returned to Houston, Texas at the JW Marriott Hotel and Conference Center. The theme for 2015 was “why roll the dice when you can stack the deck?” inspired by the larger conversation of how to remain competitive in an increasingly challenging marketplace.
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2015 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- Atlas RFID (Jovix) - Techology Presentation
- AVEVA - Construction Management
- Keynote Presentation - Productivity Enhancement Resources (Chris Buck)
- CII - AWP Validation
- CII - Plenary Panel
- Keynote Presentation - Independent Project Analysis (Ed Merrow)
- Fluor - Integrated Scaffold Program
- Fluor - Power Planning
- Group ASI with Construct-X - Enabling AWP Scalability
- Group ASI - AWP & WFP Certification
- Intelliwave - Technology Presentation
- Hexagon - Construction Management on the Enterprise Level
- Hexagon - Streamlining Work Processes
- JV Driver Projects - AWP Implementation
- Owner/EPC Plenary Panel
In 2016, the AWP Conference returned to Houston, TX. The theme was “AWP: owner-driven construction performance best practice for all capital and sustaining projects”, highlighting the AWP implementation priorities and challenges that leaders in the owner and EPC space identified for us, and diving into the broad potential applications for AWP & WFP best practices across multiple industry sectors.
Click here to access the WFP Conference 2016 Event Guide, which contains information about the slide decks archived here. All files are in Portable Document Format (PDF). Right-click to download, or click to view in a new browser tab.
- Audience Participation Session (Plenary)
- Automated Work Packaging and Integrated Materials Management
- AWP: Where We've Been, Where We're Going
- Fluor - AWP Automation Setup and Implementation Success
- AWP Community of Practice Update
- AWP: An Owner's Perspective
- CCT International - AWP: From Theory to Practice
- Jacobs - AWP Implementation
- Southern Company - AWP in 12 Months
- Bentley Systems - AWP in Flight
- AWP Scalability (Plenary)
- Insight-WFP - Changing Minds and Paradigms
- Converting from Process to Action (Plenary)
- COAA - Creating an EP Best Practice to Support AWP
- Bentley Systems - Engineering, the Key to Successful Implementation
- Hexagon - Integrated Construction Management
- Integrating a Work Package-based Engineering Phase with AWP (Andrew Herbst)
- Is Your Organization Ready for Step Change? (Endeavor Management)
- Insight-WFP - Productivity Analysis and Management
- COAA - Quantifying the ROI on AWP
- Atlas RFID (Jovix) - Using Collaborative Tools for AWP Alignment
The AWP Conference 2017 has been announced! Join industry leaders in AWP & WFP at the JW Marriott Houston Galleria on October 10th and 11th, 2017. Please visit AWPConference.com for information as it becomes available, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time for updates or to inquire about sponsoring or attending the conference. See you in October!